Torrent search feature

From @faroutxxx on Sun Jan 01 2017 20:35:21 GMT+0000 (UTC)

On the desktop version there is a “search for torrent” feature under the folder icon button (“Torrent collection”) next to the heart/favourite icon. This is a really useful feature as it searches other sources outside of the default catalogue. To me this is the most widely used feature because the default source catalogue (which you have no control over) does not update quickly enough with the newest episodes of series or newest movies. Sometimes takes months to update making Popcorntime for Android useless for regular use.

Unfortunately this feature seems to be missing on the mobile android version (I dont know about andoidTV and if in fact its a separate version).

Please add this feature as a priority I really think it makes the android version kind of useless when the default catalogue only updates on a monthly basis if at all.

Copied from original issue: https://github.com/popcorn-official/popcorn-android/issues/123

From @MrRory on Tue Jan 24 2017 21:10:19 GMT+0000 (UTC)

Imho: this feature would not add anything useful and is too complicated to support. You can just go to your favorite neighbourhood torrent website and open the magnet link.

From @faroutxxx on Wed Jan 25 2017 18:09:26 GMT+0000 (UTC)

feature is widely used on desktop because sources are months behind. This update problem is killing popcorntime!

do you want to crawl through a virus infested torrent website to get magnet links on an android phone?

why would it be complicated when the desktop version is doing exactly the same thing!

From @MrRory on Sun Feb 12 2017 14:16:39 GMT+0000 (UTC)

Because there are no real APIs. that some desktop developer decided that it was a good idea doesnt mean we have to agree